For the 2013 edition (May 25th-May 29th, 2013), the Erice International School of Science Journalism grants 30 fellowships for members of EU-countries.
Fellowships are aimed at science journalists, science communicators and students in science journalism and communication.
The selection requires:
- For science journalists: at least three years of professional experience working/freelancing for general or popular science media;
- For science communicators: at least three years of professional experience working in a scientific organization, science museum or science centre or as a free lancer in a position of press officer, curator, editor of (web) publications, organizer of outreach activities or similar;
- For students: being a student in a master program in science journalism or science communication.
Candidates should send their CV and a motivation letter in which they describe:
1. their plans for their professional future
2. why they think participating in the summer school would benefit their career
3. how they perceive the challenge of communicating on neuroscience – and notably magnetic resonance imaging, which is the theme of the summer school this year – in general and in their current or future position.
Fellowships will cover:
- The fee of the School
- Travel expenses to and from Erice
- Staying in Erice
The members of the selection committee are:
Fred Balvert, Rita Bertelli, Umberto Dosselli, Fabio Turone
Please send your application for a fellowship:
CV (max. 1 page) and motivation letter (max. 1 page) to Rita Bertelli, e-mail: EISSJC (at) LNF.INFN.IT
The deadline for applications is March 1, 2013.
Applications which should reach us after this date will not be taken into consideration.