For the 2012 edition, the International School of Science Journalism and Communication grants 24 fellowships for members of EU-countries. Fellowships are aimed at science journalists, science communicators and master students in science journalism and communication.
The selection requires:
– For science journalists: at least three years of professional experience working for general or popular science media;
– For science communicators: at least three years of professional experience working in a scientific organization, science museum or science centre or as a free lancer in a position of press officer, curator, editor of (web)publications, organizer of outreach activities or similar;
– For students: being a student in a master program in science communication or science journalism.
Candidates should send their CV and a motivation letter in which they describe:
1. their plans for their professional future
2. why they think participating in the summer school would benefit their career
3. how they perceive the challenge of communicating nanotechnology – which is the theme of the summer school this year – in general and in their current or future position.
Fellowships will cover:
– The fee of the School
– Travel expenses to and from Erice
– Staying in Erice
The members of the selection committee are:
Fred Balvert, Maria Rita Ferrazza, Barbara Gallavotti, Enzo Iarocci, Fabio Turone.
Please send your application for a fellowship: CV (max. 1 page) and motivation letter (max. 1 page) to Maria Rita Ferrazza, e-mail: EISSJC@LNF.INFN.IT
The deadline for applications is May 1, 2012.
Applications which reach us after this date will not be taken into account!